Sunday, June 30, 2013

Some weight lifted

Just an update, I feel a little better. My mom watched my son for a little while today while my wife was at a bridal shower. When she brought my son back, we were alone, and I told her I was going to therapy. I didn't tell her why yet, and I wouldn't let her guess (for fear she might figure it out). In fact, I'm sure she knows it's a GLBT issue now that I told her.

I told her I've been dealing with it since high school. She asked me if I regretted anything, like having my son, or getting married. Of course I don't, and I told her. But I told her I wished I'd figured things out before college.

So, she knows I'm in therapy. She knows it's something I've had for a long time. And she also knows there's potential threat to my marriage. I told her I was more comfortable telling her (when I do) than I was my father. And that I'm terrified to tell my wife.

So... yeah, she probably has an idea of what it is. I told her it isn't drugs, or drinking, and that I'm not going to hurt myself. I just wasn't ready to tell her what it was yet.

MOOD: up a bit
Winner: Chelsea (for shopping, and for peaking out of the closet).

No comments:

Post a Comment