Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Reflections pt. 1

So, it's been a little while since I updated, and not much has changed. Still going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, not expecting anything special from them.
On another note, my wife's aunt is very supportive. Given the subject of Thanksgiving, she was texting my wife (her aunt lives in another state), and asked if she needed to tell my wife's little cousin to call me by a different name. Apparently, she already understands there are people who are different, and my wife's aunt was prepared to explain enough to her and tell her to call me a different name. It was quite touching.

Since there isn't a lot happening right now, I thought I'd start a little series in my blog about reflections. After starting therapy, and finally understanding what was going on with me, I had the chance to look back on everything that had happened since high school, and even a little bit before that. Being transgender got me thinking about everything that happened in school and college.

So, I'd like to share a few things that I observed, experienced, etc.

After having several conversations with my friends, there were a few things that were found before I even started dressing that make a lot of sense now. One thing started in middle school, when I began sitting "strangely," as put by some of my classmates. I admit it didn't bother me, but I was teased for sitting with my legs crossed like a girl. As I said, it makes sense now.

I also recall being a bit emotional about certain things, very pathetic things. This was just about when I started puberty. Of course, the most obvious observation I had was that I had mostly female friends up until mid-high school.

That's all for now. More to come, stick around for part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment