Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Changes coming my way

So, yesterday my wife got a call from her mom, and said she wanted all three of us (my wife, my son, and I) to come out for Thanksgiving. This is a large step, considering they didn't want to see me or talk to me at all.
I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I'm glad they're taking a step towards accepting me (that's not going to happen this visit), but it's difficult knowing all the things they said about me, and the fact that they tried to get me and my wife to split up.
The other thing that bothers me is my sister in law. She made some pretty nasty accusations towards me after I came out, and I don't think I can forgive those. Not to mention, the relationship between her and I was a complete lie. To start, she told my wife right from the start that she thought my wife could do better, and then she felt uncomfortable around me. Then, she made accusations towards me (after I came out) that I was peeking in her room when she was in it and that I was looking through her laundry. Now that we're going for Thanksgiving, she told my wife that she will not be acknowledging me at all, pretending I'm not even there. At least my wife's parents are trying, but I don't think I will ever have a decent relationship with her sister, especially after everything she said.
That's all for now. We'll see how things go next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment