Wednesday, August 21, 2013

looking up

Well, things have been getting better lately. My wife and I have been struggling to take things day by day, but just the other day we read an article recommended to me by my mom. It was about a famous singer who transitioned, and her wife stayed with her. It was comforting to my wife, because she saw that someone else had done it and their marriage survived. Now, we're pretty happy, and we are relaxed at least about my transition.
I'm taking things slowly still. I'm still dressing, but still when my wife is out of the house. She knows about it, but it still makes her a little uncomfortable seeing it. However, she is getting better, as I had complained to her how I couldn't wear my bra out in public under my clothes because it showed. She recommended that I get a sports bra to wear in public. It was very nice of her to help me out. She's also looking at getting a bunch of purses and bags through some deal, and she told me she'll give me a few.
I took a step towards learning some new things, and emailed a hair salon recommended to me by another trans woman. Even though my transition won't start until 2015, I wanted to see if I could get sort of a neutral haircut, or maybe something cute/girly that I can do myself and get rid of easily when I go to work.
A lot of people know now what's going on. Most of my close friends know, and I haven't found any of them who don't support me. Some of my wife's family supports me/us. I still haven't talked to my in-laws for a month and a half now. While I understand how they feel, I still think they are being very immature about things. I wrote them a letter, and of course my wife got yelled at for it because it arrived on my father-in-law's birthday (as if I planned it that way...., seriously?). They'll eventually have to face the music, especially if they're planning on seeing their second grandchild when he/she is born (some time off though... wife isn't pregnant yet).
That's about all I have for now. Let's hope things stay looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment